Here's an anonymous internal email that hit an airline across the board on 1st October, 2013.
Keeping courtesy in mind, I have removed certain direct references, but it was also important to bring these aspects to light.
Which airline do you think it is and why is it hurtling like this?
ps: the pic has no connection with email below
ps: the pic has no connection with email below
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at....
Subject: Fwd: FYI
To: < gmail.com>
Dear Mr. X
Hello , how are you doing?
As an owner of the company you never bothered to interact with your employees. Never tried to find out the working conditions and never thought of finding the ground realities. So we thought of reaching you, just to give a picture of what is happening in your company...
We continue to draw the same money for so many years now, where as you guys have filled your lockers by sucking our blood day and night. It was quite an amusement to see the fancy figure. We won't be surprised if later it turns out be exaggerated figures like that of Satyam.
Remember you can not erect an empire with blood of your workers. If you want success it has to be your sweat. Few years back you made a smart move by introducing..care fund but that does not provide immunity to the pilots against atrocities by your business house, across the board with all the workers.
You also must be very well aware about the unhappiness among the employees right from loader to the Pilot but you are blind folded and busy in making lots and lots of money.
We were waiting to listen it from the horse's mouth and now since you have said it it's time for us to put forth our demands. We are group of 150 strong pilots and number is increasing. Soon you will get the taste of our strength and let me assure you that this would stall your free run so far, which you have achieved not because of your hard work but just because of sheer luck.
We are soon going to submit a memorandum to DGCA and ICAO signed by all of us, highlighting the exploitation been done by you wherein pilots are made to operate flights with minimum rest under threat of salary deduction.
Also a copy of it would be provided to media to make the flyers aware against this safety hazard. The so called quality of life is being enjoyed by the management pilots only and at the level of line Pilots the situation is real bad.
The inflation has gone up many fold but you just give increment of few thousand per year. Have some shame.
The low cost model is for passengers. You can not expect the employees to draw low salaries. Even govt is coming out with 7th Pay Commission for its employees and have already given a 10% DA hike now making it 90 % DA. Why don't you sell of your big luxury car and start moving around in a TATA NANO that is also low cost.
Also start staying in studio apartment without any curtains that would be super low cost. Your management treat us like pupils. What authority your G has to stop people from smoking. FaceBook is a public forum.
People keep posting nuisance about PM of this country but he minds his work. Why G is so interested in people's personal FB accounts. It's better if he keeps himself to cabin crew only. Do not try to be our father. We are professionals and not drivers. One needs to treat us with dignity and not like inmates of Tihar. You can not keep treating us like dogs.
This business of threats for every thing, be it for flight or sick report, can not work for ever. If you guys are so calculative then let me give you some food for thought.
Why the Red pilots were paid hefty joining bonus when every one knew market situation was bad. These pilots were working for Red without salaries and would have joined without any bonus. Also if some one is without a job, he would accept any base you offer him. Which could have saved lot of temporary duty from other bases and D allowance, where was your calculation that time. Why every one was given Delhi. Against every pilot joining some one made good money in name of reference commission. Who were these guys - S and P?
Where were your calculations at that time.
The famous uniform scam at XX. Who made money in providing that sub standard worthless uniform. First all new joiners were given XX and within a year those were replaced by new uniform. It was a good money making exercise which we had seen years ago in INDIAN AIRLINES. first the name was changed to Indian. Every thing right from paint of AC, interiors, stationary, uniform etc was changed and with in a year changed again to Air India. Where was all your calculation that time.
If you are low cost why you keep arranging company parties. Rather utilize this money for some other cause. It's become more of family outing for S and other management pilots and has nothing to do with other pilots. Rather station parties are forced on people. This is the only airlines where senior commanders get same salary as the newly released commanders. There has to be some incentive for senior pilots. Rather you guys have made it a school where management is more interested in checking uniform, ties and belts. Conducting online annual exams etc etc.
Low cost Airlines should not have all these tantrums. So far you guys have been very successful in exploiting us but now the market it changing. Remember no one is invincible. You can not stay at top for ever and especially by crook. Yours is a self proclaimed good place to work. Best of the empires in this world have fallen and best of the companies have vanished overnight. One mass sick report would give you the taste of power which pilots possess. Still there is time that you guys mend your ways. Entire nation today is talking about inflation, even Govt has admitted it and has given DA to its employees. J has revised salaries from 2010, but you guys are sitting and watching every thing. You people just want to pocket more and more money without realizing that people who work for you also need regular pay hikes. Enough is enough.
1. We demand 40% hike in our salaries.
2. Withdraw Notice XX immediately . No deduction in salary for what ever may be the reason.
3. No flights with minimum rest. No change of flights once roster published. Have a PILOTS RESERVE list priority wise available on line for every one's access. If one reserve pilot refuses the flight other may be asked and no action against the first one. If all refuse to accept the flight then only punitive action is acceptable. Refusal by email only and Refusal by first reserve to be notified to the next pilot.
4. Removal of R, M, P, T and C from scheduling staff immediately.
5. Removal of Mr. G. If G cannot be removed then you better keep him to yourself and ask him to stop interfering in Pilots life and do not try to be our father. If G is so found of flying better get him a DGCA license. Tell him not to send us those useless mails strait from his heart which goes straight to the trash bin.
6. Provide us with better uniform and also change the funny looking pilot applets.
7. No 3 day night outs max night out of 01 night. Tie up with better hotels especially in Bangalore and Chennai. All night out hotels to be within 10 to 15 minutes traveling time fron the hotel to give max rest to pilots. Not like Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata where one has to travel one hour one way.
8. Bring management pilots at par with line pilots as far as flying is concerned why do they fly less hours when G is running the entire show single handily then let the management pilots fly. Management pilots to do same night outs as any other line pilot. Also make their office at Airport rather then XBP where they sit and waste time. Let them be available to all line Pilots.
9. Treat all Ex Air force Pilots and other civil pilots with respect. G to apologize through email addressed to all for his misbehavior in past. Success is getting into his head but do not forget we have made you successful, you have not made us.
10. To give priority to original CoPilots for upgrade. Any one joining from outside joins at the end of seniority list.
11. No more threatening behavior with Pilots, treat them with proper respect and dignity as professionals. Withdrawal of X and X Notice. Stop defining code of conduct.
12. No Mr. G lectures or any other management lectures during refresher. Make refresher more meaningful rather then a mere formality. No online test before refresher. You cannot expect pilots to fly at minimum rest and then attempt online test also .We are humans and not Computers which you can shut down after last flight and reboot after minimum rest.
13. Some X number of confirmed travel tickets on X flights without any ifs and buts. These are demands of all the pilots and if you have any doubt you can circulate it to every one and ask their views. If you want to earn more and more money we will help you fulfill your dream but not in a way so far you have been behaving with us.
Try to actually win hearts of your employees and not by conducting surveys and declaring self proclaimed winners.
Leave this cheapness and think of a better future. We are giving you dead line till end of this year or be ready for a surprise.
All the demands have no scope of compromise and have to be fulfilled. Do not expect chain of emails between management and us.
This is the zest. Rest you are intelligent enough.
Pilots are Bonds.