From Singapore GP on September 22 above to next four days of AGMs of UB Group' companies, Mr. Vijay Mallya will have tough time to answer shareholders questions :
1. Is it true that Diageo is in talks with United Spirits for picking up a 26 per cent stake?
2. Why is it necessary for the group to sell stake in United Spirits. Can’t the company be run without the stake sale?
3. If indeed the reports are true, who will address the next AGM of United Spirits – Mallya or some representative of Diageo?
4. Is there any truth at all about stake sale in United Breweries?
5. Mr Mallya will be coming to these board meetings from Singapore Formula 1. Will hundreds of Kingfisher employees and their family members be able to go to the Indian Grand Prix in October? When will they be paid.
6. Was the rise in oil prices the only reason for the airline going into a tailspin of losses? When the airline has hardly paid its dues to oil companies, how can increase in fuel costs be one of the main reasons for such huge losses?
7. The last and the most crucial: With stake sale in each of the major companies, will Mallya's hold on them diminish considerably and forever?
8. Who is investing in the airline after FDI has been allowed?
source : Hindu Business Line and blog